Education & Training
Certifications, qualifications, non-formal learning and informal learning are all mutually supportive components of an IT professional’s career development. For this reason, it is necessary to recognise and support co-existence of the different educational paths, as standard education is not sufficient for the changing industry demands. It is common that IT professionals acquire expertise during their career, without formal qualifications.
A project on ‘ICT Curriculum Guidelines for e-Competence and Digital Leadership’ and ‘e-Indicators and Common Metrics’ are currently under development in CEN TC 428. See below for more details:
|Project||ICT Curriculum Guidelines for e-Competence and Digital Leadership|
|Objective||The objective of the project is to provide a Multipart Technical Specification (TS) on how to design, develop, maintain, adjust and compare ICT curricula for e-competence (IT professionals) and digital leadership (e-leaders), within the European Framework of IT Professionalism|
|Expert Team||Rocco Defina – Wanda Saabeel – Terry Hook – Irmhild Rogalla – Katerina Pazur Anicic – Jutta Breyer – Jan Gorecki – Francesca Bonazzoli|
|Project Duration||32 months (started: 1st August 2019)|
|Project||e-Indicators and Common Metrics|
|Objective||The project focuses on recognition and validation of e-competences acquired by experience (non-formal, informal learning), beyond any educational background|
|Expert Team||Rocco Defina (Project Lead) – Irmhild Rogalla – Luis Fernandez – Wilfried Berlin – Frederic Lau – Sergio Ruffini|
|Project Duration||32 months (started: 1st May 2019)|
ITPE members are regularly updated on its progress, along with all other initiatives of this workgroup.
Resources related to Education & Training
- empirica GmbH (2015): E-skills and e-leadership skills 2020. Trends and forecasts for the European ICT professional and digital leadership labour market. Empirica Working Paper. Bonn.
- empirica GmbH (2015): New Curricula for e-Leadership Skills. Guidelines and Quality Lables for new Curricula for e-Leadership Skills in Europe. Final Report. Bonn.
- e-leadership – Digital Skills for SMEs (2015). Bonn.
- The Euro-Inf Quality Label
- Quality labels for IT industry-based certification